Green Card Through Status


Green Card Through Status

Eligibility Through Refugee Status

If you were admitted to the United States as a refugee or the qualifying spouse or child of a refugee, you are required by law to apply for a green card 1 year after being admitted if you:

Eligibility Through Asylee Status

If you were granted asylum in the United States or are a qualifying spouse or child of an asylee, you may apply for permanent residence 1 year after the grant of your asylum status if you:

As an asylee, you are not required to apply for permanent residence, but it may be a good idea because you may no longer qualify for asylum status with the right to remain permanently in the United States if:

For more information, read the USCIS Guide, How Do I Become a U.S. Permanent Resident (for Refugees and Asylees) (1216KB PDF)

Leave a Reply

© 2013 - Tri-State Immigration Advocacy Services, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Wordpress and Design by MoeSeo